Strugs

Electric mirrors (and reverse lights!)

Neither my mirrors or reverse lights are working.. I've changed fuse 14 but no joy. Where do I go next? Changing the fuse is about as far as I normally go with car electrics so keep it simple please!? TIA!

The mirror switches are a known problem for the contacts inside the switch to oxidise, there has been numerous previous threads on how to (carefully!) clean them - The reversing lights could be either the wiring going to or the switch itself on the gearbox?

Ian.

The mirror switches are a known problem for the contacts inside the switch to oxidise, there has been numerous previous threads on how to (carefully!) clean them - The reversing lights could be either the wiring going to or the switch itself on the gearbox?

Ian.

Thanks Ian - ref the mirrors, when you say switch do mean the actual control switch/mirror adjuster on the driver's door?

The reverse light system is basically a plunger switch on the top of the gear change tower assembly, they crack, dislodge or basically break. That goes through a live feed on the fuse box and to the lights at the rear. Nothing else complicated involved :)As said, the mirror switch is pretty rubbish and costs £70 ish from a dealer.

Guest sam1990rhodes

funny thing is i have the exact same issue, coinsidence that both things have gone on two rados? or are they on the same fuse?

The reverse light system is basically a plunger switch on the top of the gear change tower assembly, they crack, dislodge or basically break. That goes through a live feed on the fuse box and to the lights at the rear. Nothing else complicated involved :)As said, the mirror switch is pretty rubbish and costs £70 ish from a dealer.

Ta muchly!

funny thing is i have the exact same issue, coinsidence that both things have gone on two rados? or are they on the same fuse?

They are, yes. On mine it's fuse 14 (check your handbook 'cos it does vary, apparently!), so I was hoping that was the issue.. but it's not.. :(

Guest sam1990rhodes
They are, yes. On mine it's fuse 14 (check your handbook 'cos it does vary, apparently!), so I was hoping that was the issue.. but it's not.. :(

cheers strugs, ill take alook later, if it is the fuse on mine ill give you a hug :)

cheers strugs, ill take alook later, if it is the fuse on mine ill give you a hug :)

Let us know how you get on! :)