daveb142

Rear Disc question....

I've taken the rear discs off of the Corrado and noticed two metal covers that were stuck onto the hub. Both were pretty rusty and falling apart so I pried them off. They seem to cover the rear bearing.... looking at the new bearings in place, they have a rubber washer to protect any dirt ingress....

After looking on the parts system, i've noticed they are listed. My question is, do I need new ones? or shall the rubber protector on the new bearings be enough? I've included a picture of the diagram from the parts system to show what I mean

corradoreardisc_zps8f06071c.jpg

Cheers

Dave

Has you car got ABS? I think the cover is more to help the stub axle bolts from falling out and help keep the ABS sensor clean.

I paid around £3.59 in March this year for them.

Turns out VW discontinued them from the end of March ..... Lol. 100% necessary?

Maybe better to try another dealer, as other dealers may still have stock.

Are you sure they have been discontinued, as they are same on a range of VW's upto 2000. Make sure you supply the part number with the B. As just the numbers will come up with a blank on the system.

191501639B

Maybe better to try another dealer, as other dealers may still have stock.

Are you sure they have been discontinued, as they are same on a range of VW's upto 2000. Make sure you supply the part number with the B. As just the numbers will come up with a blank on the system.

191501639B

There is one dealer with two in stock still, that is it :/ gonna give them a call in a minute.

Yeah they were discontinued in March which sucks, they all used the "191 501 639" part numbers. Yeah the "B" at the end is for models with ABS, "A" is for models without ABS

Cheers, will see what happens!

Apparently they are yes. They press up against the rubber seal on the back of the bearing. Just acts as another dust shield I guess! I ended up having custom ones made from a spare that I had lying about!