Mawrick

Hook up Focal speakers with a integrated crossover cable - HOW?

If I knew this set came with a crossover cable instead of a "crossover box" I'd most likely buy something else - but anyway.

Can anyone give an explanation on how such system is supposed to be installed?.

Are one supposed to join the + from bass element and + from tweeter and then going onto the crossover cable and then to one channel from the player/amplifier? (and the same for "-") ?.

I'v added a picture showing similar speakers - with the crossover cable pictured as well.

I'v made a quick drawing that shows 2 alternative I'd picture - but if alternative "bass2" is correct I_'m wondering why the plugs on the wires connects straight into the connector on the tweeter - also the crossover cable is marked "tweeter".

It could be that the bass drivers have a natural "roll off" of frequency and that the tweeter filter just compliments this,

Didn't it come with an installation manual?

have you looked at Focals website?

It seems that the iss130 doesn't have a low pass filter (iss 165/200/570/690 do)

Just wire them up as bass 1 is in your diagram

I've got focals in mine, sounds very good, I flush mounted the tweeter in the triangle trim high in the doors

Yea looked in the manual - but it doesn't say much realy and the drawing they made looks like this: