richman711

g60 running problems

Hi guys

Recently got myself a g60 with 126k on the clock

Seem to be having a mixture of problems, ill explain

-lumpy idle

-strong smell of exhaust fumes once car has been sat idling for like 30 seconds, seems to be running rich.

-temp gauge only goes to 70c (oil reads 100c so pretty sure engine is at full temp)

-hesitation at low revs/low throttle

-seems recutant to rev from idle.

as you guys can see its struggling a bit, has manahed to do 200 miles in the last 2 days but still.

So far all I have checked:

-blue temp sensor, 193 ohms after a 45 min drive.

Think it should be between 170-220 at operating temp so seemss good.

-Earth's, havebt done any here other than test between the head and the batterys neg terminal what was 1.2 ohm, what seems fine.

Any advice guys?

Check the timing is spot on, check your 1m vac pipe to ecu is exactly that and in good condition, check wiring to the lambda sensor.

Don't take too much notice of the water temp on dash, you might just need a new sender. Although you do need to check the bottom pipe from your rad to engine is only hot when engine is properly up to temp. If you can feel heat earlier then the thermostat could be stuck open giving the lower reading on your dash.

Hi guys cheers for the replys

Im planning to service the car at the weekend, with all new plugs etc to seee if that cures the poor idle and hesitation

What ive done so far:

Replaced rotor arm and dizzy cap, no change

Replaced black temp sensor, still reads 70 on dash, although I have noticed this seems to creep up if I let it idle what to me says stat stuck opwn but the oil temps sits at 100 what to me says engine is at temp.

Checked for vacuum leaks, none found, also whwn I done a boost check using the mfa it didnt read above 650 at idle wwht apparently means it doesnt have a leak?

Planning dp do the leads and plugs at the weekend, also check the lamda, what readings should I see from that?

Ok guys had a bit more of a play today.

Plugs, leads filters and oil changed, replaced throttle body earth and cleaned up rest.

Boost tested using the mfa function and only got 1620:( around 8.7 psi apparently, not good considering theres a receipt (from a long time ago I think) for a 70mm pully and chip it looks like the charger has suffered fron the useless k&n filter thats been fitted.

Also it appears I have no co pot?

I checked for it and in its place is a bung, the wire has been tucked up out the way.

Csn any one confirm that the picture below shows the postion for the co pot?

20140607_134718.jpg