kevinbowe2000

Slave cylinder gsf

My slave cylinder went so replaced it straight away as need the car on the road as my daily. I got one out of gsf. Fitted it, bleed it. Went to put the car in gear. Went down but didn't come back up all the way. Pulled it up and pumped again. Same thing. Then the peddle was solid. Won't go down at all.

Took off the slave again after releasing pressure and it had broken. Would not compress back. Also a bit of plastic on the had been damaged.

I rang gsf and they said they had sold 6 this year and no issues. Made it sound like my fault. Didn't say they would replace, just to come in and they'll have a look. Meant to have a 12 month warranty on it.

Going back in tomo to try get an exchange for a better part. Anyone ever done a broken return to gsf before. Sounds like its going to be difficult. Any advice?

I've taken stuff back to the counter before no problem, had a steering lock that had a rubbish bearing in it that fell apart and an engine mount that was too hard amongst other things, all refunded no issue.

I got mine from Vw spares (avs). Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive. So far so good, although only a few weeks and about 500 miles in.

Is it one of the Silver painted ones?? If so they last 5 mins at best...

Get a proper VW alloy one and take it back... of course if could also be the master that's failed maybe too.

These are good -

http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1924

You've worried me now Steve, my GSF Silver one has been on for about 2 months now! - Perhaps time to buy another and put away just in case?

Ian.

You've worried me now Steve, my GSF Silver one has been on for about 2 months now! - Perhaps time to buy another and put away just in case?

Ian.

You'll be ok...

... as long as you don't use the clutch :-)

Simple mate. Take it back and tell them you a returning it for a refund. Retailers take the micky sometimes but only if you let them.

Took it back and no hassle at all. They had a good alloy one in (ordered in for me) so took that one. Fitted and all good but think I'll change the master next week. Thanks for all the help. One item the strick off the ever growing list :)

Nice one :-)

Yeah, always go for the best quality / german branded stuff - some of the Chinese rubbish knocking about is shocking!

Yeah that silver one was shocking. Felt like the whole thing was made of plastic. Need to get another car so I don't have to rush to get parts so I can keep her on the road. Thinking of an old mini, BMW 635 CSI or Morris Minor. But that's totally off topic.

Thanks again.