ryan_welshman

Front signal problems :(

Ok guys, bit of an odd one, took one of the front signals out to demist the foglight lens, when I put it back together, that signal light wouldnt light up. I thought maybe the bulb had blown so I put bulb in the other front signal to test, now that one doesnt work once I put it back together. Now I have no front signals working now and I dont know why!!

Help!!!

All other indicators work apart from the front ones. Also, the indicators flick faster than before on the side and rear, but go at normal pace when hazard button is pressed...

They flick faster as that's a built in system to tell you that a bulb is blown. I have this with my front left indicator, on mine this is down to a bit of a corroded bulb holder. Bit of a wiggle and all is well.

The hazards flick at normal speed as a different relay controls them.

I had a problem in that the wiring on one side had been messed with by someone in the past who had fitted a new wing. The wire was chaffing on the bodywork and when I removed the bulb and replaced, it was resting in just the right place to short out. You'd have to remove your arch liner to check.