Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

My first Corrado....drive

Anh from the CCC was nice enough to let me drive his Corrado today and any doubt that I may have had about getting one has gone!

They are truly fantastic cars to drive, lots of feeling, go like stink and the sound of the VR6 is beautiful.

Roll on next week when I get back to the UK and can buy one :)

Yeah it was very 8) especially was it was a mini 3 C cruise too. Wrong side of the bloody road so I kept going to change gear and smacking the door tho :lol:

He said the engine was due for a rebuild so it was about 10hp down...and I thought it was quick as it was :o

Wooo I can't wait to get one :D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh yeah are those stickers still available? I clicked the link and it's dead :(

Need to get my CCGB membership sorted too...

Yeah it was very 8) especially was it was a mini 3 C cruise too. Wrong side of the bloody road so I kept going to change gear and smacking the door tho :lol:

He said the engine was due for a rebuild so it was about 10hp down...and I thought it was quick as it was :o

Wooo I can't wait to get one :D:D:D:D:D:D

nice.........and here's a pleasant surprise for you too btw......ok fair enough his C has been chipped.....but US/N.American spec C's only have 178bhp to start :wink: :wink:

here's a pleasant surprise for you too btw......ok fair enough his C has been chipped.....but US/N.American spec C's only have 178bhp to start :wink: :wink:

Yeah I know... and he thought it was about 5hp down from stock... He also had a non OEM exhaust, but even stil the VR just sounds wonderful when you let it loose. There was a big stereo in there that didn't even get turned on :) I could listen to that all day!

try this link to see if this works http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?p=&t=1669 .....otherwise best to PM andi or VR6 to ask them about the stickers

That post doesn't exist apparently, but I'll pester Andi or VR6 about them.

The first purchase for the Corrado has been a VW lanyard and some stickers :)... it's only going to get more expensive from now on :D

The first purchase for the Corrado has been a VW lanyard and some stickers :)... it's only going to get more expensive from now on :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....all i can say is....."just a tad" :-P :-P :-P :-P :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think we need Andi to remove that link from the Portal. I think I've removed the links from the mainstream forums.

I think Andi needs to create a thread now that he is selling his batch of stickers.

Went to look at my first C VR last weekend, it had done 140k miles but it was local so I thought there'd be no harm in having a look, I must admit, I was surprised at how the bodywork had lasted on this thing- you could tell it had been very well looked after and the engine was sweet as a nut, no rattles or knocks. The owner took me out for a test drive; it pulled like a train and handled like one too.... To be honest, I was tempted to put a deposit on it, but I think I want one with less miles really, so am going to keep looking but overall I was very impressed with how the C had taken it's 140k life so far, and I think I'll be a happy chappy when I get my hands on one :)

I think that mileage is pretty irrelevant now. Sure it's nice to have a lower milage car, but most of the things that go wrong are more age related than mileage.

Personally I'd rather get a 120k mile C that's had new axle bushes, timing chains, clutch, shocks, etc than a 70k miler that's had squat done to it since new.

Then again, if I see a nice low mileage one, I'm not going to say no :)