ExR32

Rear Arches catch in one spot - cut it?

Hi All

On my 91 G60, I have 9j Borbets on the rear and its lowered. There is one spot on both rear arches that catch - if you look up under the arch, where the lip is, slightly toward the rear of the car there is about a 2 inch area which sticks in more than the rest of the arch lip. It only catches here.

Is it possible to just cut this bit out or do something to it etc?

thanks

I wouldn't recommend cutting it, you'll be left with years of grief.. I take it the arches aren't yet rolled? That'd be first step..

i have this issue too, I had 'Archenemy' come over to roll them and he said he couldnt do it. Is there any other solution, perhaps with a hammer and dolly?

Hi fla

Yep, same, I emailed archenemy and had various conversations with him and luckily he'd done a few Corrados and so knew a fair bit and agreed he could not help prior to coming. Mine will be going for a respray at some point and he told me below. For now, Ive just raised mine 10mm to stop it catching. Appears its a big job to sort these bits which catch:

'Only thing to do is cut them off, remove sealer, carefully weld two skins of car back together with a series of joining spot welds, grind back, Skim with filler and replace removed sealer with some sort of underbody sealer

You'll probably still need the top of the arch rolled at the same time, as it is quite large, I can do that for you before it goes to the bodyshop, then any slight distortions (as explained below) can be skimmed before its all painted up'

Ideally the axle centralising plates would solve this issue but i don't think they're going to be made sadly.

If I could get the measurements of the plates i would fabricate them myself, as i'm sure it would help quite a few owners.