Alty

Corrado Fuel Filter....

A quick question, I have what was 16v KR that was converted before i had the car to a G60. Coming to replace bits and bobs can be a nightmare with the absolute mix match of a job the previous owner did.... The current fuel filter I have is the canister type with the banjo bolts... Is this the same for a 91' G60 or do they use an in line fuel filter? Does it even matter ?

Thanks in advance Scott

the 16v will have had a fuel filter and pressure accumulator together with an under car pump and a small in tank pump, this 'K-jet' setup was for the pressure required by the k-jet injection.

I would have thought for a G60 (digifant FEI) it would be far better to go for the late VR6/2.0 8v setup (4 bar pump), much simpler with the pump inside the tank and just a filter under the car.

Edit: It seems to depend on chassis no. early G60 had a setup similar to k-jet with under car pump and filter, late G60's have the VR/2.0 8v in tank pump and only a filter under car.

Edited by davidwort

Just had a quick look at the car i have a Pierburg VW 191 919 051 BM Fuel pump which with a little google help I have found out this is 4.0 Bar. It only has a fuel filter under the body so maybe this guy actually did this the correct way... ( First time for everything ) So my not so quick question is... Do I have to keep the banjo type fuel filter or can I change it for a in line one ?

Thanks Scott