willyj1888

vr6 idiling issues, any info greatly appreciated....

ive a 93 vr which had developed problems on one bank of cylinders, i thought the head gasket had gone so i completely refurbed the head, re-assembled it and was still the same and eventually traced it to the engine loom which has just been replaced. she now seems to be running on all 6 but is lumpy on tick-over..any suggestions people ? cheers:scratch:

The first port of call will be to check all the vacuum hoses for splits. Then clean the isv and check the damper box . How old are the ignition leads ? Poor spark can cause problems . Check the dizzy cap for corrosion as well .

Rob

cheers for the response m8, rebuilt the engine 3 years ago but the car has ben in dry storage since then, brand new leads and coil-pack also fitted, where is the isv located on the vr pls ?

Had this myself, a few things to check;

HT leads knackard (look at night for sparks)

Coil pack, cracks in the casing, mine failed and stopped firing on 1 cylinder, was intermittent initially.

ISV dirty / not working; Try cleaning with some carb cleaner. Remove and check it opens / closes.

Air leaks. I had a split in the throttle body end of the plastic tube from the MAF, still taped up now with duct tape. That was causing it to be lumpy and cut out sometimes on mine.

Good luck.

Ah , swop over 93, mines a late 92 but has a dizzy .let us know if you solve it , as it helps others in the future .