robrado974

Jetex exhaust hanger question

I've got an annoying banging coming from underneath the car . So I jacked it up knowing it was the exhaust . The noise is coming from an exhaust hanger that I think should not even be there . It's the middle hanger . The exhaust is hung from where it should be , but there's an extra hanger , by hanger I mean on the exhaust not the body work . Anyone else have a Jetex and found the same problem ? . If it's made for a Vr , why does it have this ? . I'm thinking just cut it off as it's not needed and it's banging on the underside of the car .

Kind regards

Rob

I cut mine off as they rattled on the heat shields. I also had a solid mount welded onto the back box as there was too much movement using the original rubber mount allowing the tailpipe to melt the back bumper when the system was hot.

I assumed the reason was due to variances between the years as I was told when buying a decat that the quality of fit varies from year to year and also that most systems are made for the golf rather than the corrado.

Thanks for the reply Matt. I will cut it off then , mine is banging on the double sided hanger in the middle , the one with the long bar .

Rob