Sign in to follow this  
Storm

Doesn't matter what you spend - Boxster Disaster??

993 gets my vote too. Having driven one, I can't think of any other machine I'd rather be in right now.

The car simply defies physics and the grin factor is 10 times what I personally ever get from my Corrado.

The VX220 Turbo is also a great machine on paper. Never driven one but if the steadfast Vauxhall hater Jeremy Clarkson made it his car of the year on his "unleashed" DVD, that speaks volumes......

Cars of that nature are all about how they make you feel. Forget the badge, what vibes are you getting from the behind the wheel? I've known a few people to ditch their Boxsters in favour of a 911 and they weren't dissapointed.

It's your call at the end of the day..... tried and tested 911, or new kid on the block, but immense fun VX T. Either will give plenty of smiles per miles.

I'm a bit uncertain as to what to do. When I drove my mates 964 it was unreal and this is probably the direction I will go in. I just got a call rgarding buying my car back because of all the problems, they just offered me £500 less than a trader did last week. The guy on the phone didn't sound to confident after I told him that.

This run looks as if it is set to continue

Sorry to hear about all the probs, but please dont buy a VX, yes I know theyre good cars but as far as kudos goes does it ever really get close to a Porker and at this sort of level of car purchasing then you cant tell me its about what goes round corners better, obviously you can always get a bad one but I bet if you stuck the porsche at the side of the VX im sure youd find that the german machine would always be of a better quality........usually :?

Good friend of mine has a modded VX220 Turbo - he has had massive warranty problems, as have lots of other VX owners - great to drive but not quite as good to own. Problems seem to be bad stone chipping, failed air mass meters, corrosion (trust Vauxhall to build a fibreglasss bodied car that rusts), lots of trim issues and to cap it all - dealers who don't seem to give a toss. Friends car was off the road for about seven weeks in the first four monthsand was expected to drive a 1.0 Corsa courtesy car

Got beaten to it, its funny I said to a guy on another thread that if you see something that looks great get there 1st having done your research. This car was put up on the dealers site yesterday and sold 1st thing today. :( Never mind.