Jim Bowen

PlastiDip Corrado?

I know some people hate the idea, but found out that Matt Pack, who supply a lot of the gear are only 4 miles away from me, i can't afford a respray right now, car is covered in stone chips.

So half thinking of trying this plastidip out, just as a temporary thing for a year or two.

Anyone have any experience of it? Will buy the proper gun, have seen some examples and up close the finish is a bit textured which i'm not too keen on. Also heard people talk about door shuts getting a light dusting and it being a pig to remove, i figured i will just wax those areas and leave the wax on while i spray, then wipe that off.

My other dilemma is what colour to choose, most of the basic colours are matt and a single colour but they do some fancy stuff.

Wrapping would be better I think. I had the same thoughts as it's cheap-ish way of covering scratches and chips etc. A few folk I spoke to about dipping, warned about the potential for it take sections of original paint off when it comes to removal - right down to the metal!

I'm not bothered about the removal stories, i would expect it to need paint afterwards anyway, looks quite a mess at the moment, i need to treat some rust so will probably have some patches of primer anyway.

Have looked into vinyl wrapping it myself, but looks a nightmare, especially sills, tailgate and a few other funny edges/trim bits. Thinking of getting a dent guy out first.

Might just try my wheels first.

They sell a camo paint as it happens :lol:

I reckon it must be three bottles of different camo colours.