rusty dan

Rusty's 'rado!!!!

Little project happening with this 16v 9a

Lots of bits to do but looking forward to it!

MOT failed and I have my list of to do's

Plans are to go OEM+ and make it a near minter!

20140727_194843_zpsd81bb971.jpg

20140727_194907_zps1ef2a559.jpg

good luck :)

what size are your wheels by the way?

when i brought my old valver back a few months ago it had (& still has until the BBS's are ready) the same wheels as those i your pic.

they are 17's on mine & even with the spacers the previous owner fitted they rub the inner wheel arch lining

looks good mate spotted this on ebay i reckon it was a bargain some nice bits on it like the tt leathers

good luck :)

what size are your wheels by the way?

Wheels are 15s - got the bloke I bought it from to swap them for a set of 5 spoke something or others.. on the look for some sebrings if anyone knows of any for a good price?

'rocco isnt on the back burner Will. Still being done but this was a good opportunity to get a C!

List isnt that bad really and well within my budget to sort.. worst is the head rattle and sorting abs light.

Handbrake cables

Top end rattle

bonnet cable

paint to rear bumper and passenger inner sill

passenger door needs some work

wheels change

various bulbs

filter service

arb bush

abs light

door cards fixing

pas squeek

Clean up and paint correction!

Little update on the car, after a collapsed lung the other week I managed to get back out and fix a couple of issues surrounding the MOT.

front discs and pads replaced, rear fogs now working after a fuse swap and the headlamps were secured back in to place.

Rear discs are next up with bearings and also a look at the ABS light being on. hoping a clean up of the sensors or replacement will sort that.

Also picked up some MIM 15" alloys to replace the horrid rims she is running now!

Couple of other niggles and she can get her ticket! :cool:

Little update on the car, after a collapsed lung the other week...

you make it sound like a mild cold or something!

you make it sound like a mild cold or something!

fair point! Was serious and went down twice in a couple of days! After 10 days recovery I felt ok to get out there and play again..

fair point! Was serious and went down twice in a couple of days! After 10 days recovery I felt ok to get out there and play again..

hope your ok fella! my good friend from london had a bad time with his one lung deflating multiple times & he ended up having it stitched to his rib cage

A little update..

MOT due next week with lots of work been done to get it there.

Lights, lamps, brakes all round, bushes, links, tyres, emissions.

Looking forward to having the ticket then off for paint work. respray on front and rear bumpers, passenger door and sill.

Hopefully by Xmas I will have a sweet looking rado to play with as there is all the tidying to do inside and out!!

Good times for Rusty I think!

So today I have been having a little spruce up of the interior (first time since ownership)

Really pleased with how well it cleaned! The TT Seats and in fact all the leather was treated to a clean and condition and essentially it is in mint condition.. One bug though is the door cards where they bow out at the top.. seen this is common about the rado's and would love to fix this.. Roll on Tuesday when the car is ready to show off its new coat!

20150122_105425_zpsngef5k6v.jpg

20150122_105608_zpsojabudn0.jpg

20150122_114234_zps2lk3oms6.jpg

20150122_114259_zpsi8fmiwsc.jpg

20150122_115406_zps8jgrqldo.jpg

20150122_115419_zps8z1h5zvm.jpg

20150122_115432_zpsxe4la3mg.jpg

20150122_115458_zpsgt98ezds.jpg

20150122_121111_zpsadtcmjdc.jpg

20150122_121123_zps5omzedud.jpg

Seats look comfy! :)

Ref the door cards, would it be possible to resin/glue a thickish plastic strip to the back to hold the shape?

Seats look comfy! :)

Ref the door cards, would it be possible to resin/glue a thickish plastic strip to the back to hold the shape?

Exactly that hairy! I can see that being the only sort of solution for it. When I am in the paint shop I will look.. need to see where it might foul.