NigelO

Longlife exhausts group buy

Hi All - apologies for the earlier inadvertent spamming of TrackSlag's exhaust thread :bonk: - thought I'd best start my own. I came across this forum while Googling for owners clubs having difficulty sourcing exhausts

I work for Longlife Exhausts in Birmingham - we'd be happy to arrange a group buy for Corrado systems. If we can get enough people interested, we may also be able to flex the prices a little, although TBH, they are pretty keen anyway.

To give you an idea, a cat-back system would be in the region of £299 for a 1.8 / 2.0 and £359 for a G60 or VR6.

As g0ldf1ng3r has already mentioned on Trackslag's thread, the difference with Longlife versus Powerflow (and most custom-build stainless systems) is that the Longlife warranty is transferable between owners and is thus for the lifetime of the car, NOT just for the lifetime of the current owner's time with the car. This effectively means that a Longlife system is the last exhaust a car will ever need - a factor which helps resale considerably (although I imagine a lot of Corrado owners aren't planning a sale anytime soon.....)

We've done a couple of Golf VR6s with very nice results. Paul (the owner of Longlife Birmingham and the guy that builds the systems) built my Fiat Coupe turbo 3" system several years and 150,000 miles ago and its still solid and shiny (when I can be bothered to get the Autosol out....)

Have a look at the build examples area of our website for an idea of what we're capable of.

So - is anyone interested in being the first forum guinea pig?

I had one from my Swansea branch sounds lovely and looks good.

My style is a called a baby boxster if I remember correctly.

Have tried to post a picture but won't upload .maybe try later

Edited by Micky fletch
Trying to add picture

got any vids? was thinking of getting a straight through de-cat, my normal exhaust fabricators are doing a 'mock' straight through with a stealth cat...for mot purposes so was thinking of that, but birmingham would be closer

D'Oh! Stupidly, I thought it was only warranted for the purchaser. Last week I removed the centre silencer because it had split. I replaced with a straight through section. It does improve the sound a little and burbles on the over run at low rpms...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79385[/ATTACH]

Im off to see Paul at longlife on thurs this week for a manifold back system with sport CAT

i will report here once fitted

YEEE-HAAAAAA!!!

well, after a long day in birmingham yesterday i am pleased to say my shiny new longlife stainless exhaust from downpipe back with a sport cat & a gorgeous oval tail pipe is happily sat in place :D

my initial report is concerning how much attention & pride in work Paul took in fitting the system.

he had not previously fabricated a longlife exhaust on a VR & he seemed to enjoy the challenge & relished producing a very high standard of a final result. my VR is lowered & that presented him with a few challenges routing the pipework into optimum positioning, which he overcame nicely

he was also very complimentary about the car & said he has a friend who is a rado addict & has a G60 & a 16V IIRC lol

i have taken some pics of the during stage but have yet to take some of the end result, i hope to do so this weekend. as such i will post them next week along with a report of my feelings on noise levels, performance, mpg changes etc etc

it was also nice to hear that unlike most places longlife do not require you to take your car back for an exhaust inspection each year so as to keep the warranty intact & that i can just give him a call if any issues arise.

as well as this Paul said that if i find the noise level to be higher than i desired, we had discussed prior to install that due to the mod's & BMC on my VR i didnt want the exhaust to overpower or drown out the superb engine noise i get, i can just give him a call & he will order in a short silencer to put in there

so, in short, initial reports are all glowing :)

So was that £359 for the whole exhaust?

Will watch for your further reports with interest as this may make it onto my ever growing list of minor mods that MAY happen at some point lol!

So was that £359 for the whole exhaust?

Will watch for your further reports with interest as this may make it onto my ever growing list of minor mods that MAY happen at some point lol!

hi chuggs

my total cost including the sports cat was £334 ex vat & thus £400 INC vat

i will update this thread & my build thread with pics & hopefully some videos next week. plus i should soon be able judge the sound it is producing properly as Paul said it will soften up once used for a week or so, which i will also duly report on

i must say though that at present i am very happy indeed with it!!

Sounds like a reasonable price for a full SS exhaust fitted. Sometimes I think I need to earn more money!!! I was everything now! Lol

Sounds like a reasonable price for a full SS exhaust fitted. Sometimes I think I need to earn more money!!! I was everything now! Lol

indeed i agree. also, when you bear in mind it is a custom fabrication on the car rather than an 'out the box' solution & the fact Paul spent 7.5 hours doing so to ensure optimum results i think it gives good VFM

i recall the powerflow system i had installed on my 16v many years ago took about 3.5 hours BMC to fabricate & cost me £300 but that is 1990 & thus pre-cat. fortunately it was still present when i brought the valver back last year :)

quick update as time at the weekend had to be spent doing things on the house but all is still very good

low rev exhaust noise is getting quieter, not that is was overly loud but i like the sound the BMC gives the engine from upfront

ive not heard a single knock so far & it seems very solidly mounted & fabricated. my VR is lowered on KWV1's with their standard spring rate so it can be bumpy on our god awful pot holes joined by thin strips of tarmac, or roads some people call them ;)

i am very much liking the way that as you build up the rev range it moves from a nice exhaust burble from the rear & then as rev's pass 3000 ish the noise switches to the front & lets the BMC sing

also, cruising at 70 on highways & all is quiet as a mouse

hopefully i can get some pics up soon & take a video or 2 :D

Great to hear you're pleased with the exhaust - I told you Paul was a perfectionist!

You'll find the sound changes slightly as the stainless goes through some heat cycles and as the inside surfaces get sooted up - the sound will probably lose the slightly harsh edge that most T304 systems have from new

keep us posted on how it beds in

Great to hear you're pleased with the exhaust - I told you Paul was a perfectionist!

You'll find the sound changes slightly as the stainless goes through some heat cycles and as the inside surfaces get sooted up - the sound will probably lose the slightly harsh edge that most T304 systems have from new

keep us posted on how it beds in

Hi Nigel

My apologies as i have been meaning to PM you with an update, im glad you have seen it on this thread though :)

Paul did indeed do a cracking job. i had another look at the section he made to go from the rear centre box to the back box & the pipework bending is a small work of art. he did say during the job that it was more tricky due to it being lowered lol

i was hoping to get pics etc this weekend but my hands were full ripping out my old kitchen & installing a new one but i will definitely do them soon

i also said i would give Paul a call with feedback after a few weeks as he seemed genuinely interested in the car & that he hadnt fitted a system to one previously

i have tried to copy the update from my members gallery with all the pictures etc but the attachments needed sorting again

this link http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?44751-g0ldf1ng3r-s-VR-amp-return-of-the-valver-VR-exhaust-picture-heavy-page-8/page7&highlight=g0ldf1ng3r

goes to the page with the videos & then lots of images on pg8

in essence im very happy indeed :D

Always good to hear from a happy customer :)

Although it was a bit of a challenge, Paul enjoyed building your system, as it made a welcome change from 4" backboxes on 1.2 Corsas...

Blatant plug ;) - If anyone else wants a quote on a top-quality system with a lifetime warranty, give us a call (0121 643 3320) or drop us an email ([email protected])

Although it was a bit of a challenge, Paul enjoyed building your system, as it made a welcome change from 4" backboxes on 1.2 Corsas...

Blatant plug ;) - If anyone else wants a quote on a top-quality system with a lifetime warranty, give us a call (0121 643 3320) or drop us an email ([email protected])

Grinningly happy Nigel :D

i really should call Paul & thank him for his hard work, for producing a cracking install & give him feedback.

Hi Nigel - thinking of having one for my VR later in the year - need to save some pennies first - noticed on your web site you can also do a remap - can you give me some idea of the gains I could expect - do you have a rolling road to do a before and after? How long would you need the car for as I live in Swindon.

Oh and what would the costs be for each?

Thanks