Sign in to follow this  
junbao

Replacement front seats

Hi guys,

Am a newbie, so very sorry if this has been done to death.

The front seats in my New VR6 are looking a bit tired (standard non recaro cloth), (the 16V seats from my Mk2 golf are so much nicer)would dearly like to sort them, from lookin on forum i realise i could wait for a set of corrado seats to appear but they seem bit few and far between for a good set.

My question is, what could i (fairly easily) replace them with - other VW seats (later models or earlier but love my mates 1.8T Mk4 seats), aftermarket non VW etc. Am not adverse to a bit of fettling and bodging as long as final result is worth it (welding a bit out for me though)

Thanks guys

Jon

The problem with fitting different seats is that the Corrado seats sit down very low so it can be hard to get some seats to fit.

Any Mk2 Golf items should be a straight swap though as they share the same subframes AFAIK.

I might keep my golf seats for the moment then, the C's are a bit tired to say the least.

Was lookin at Corbeau seats , good price, would you know if the subframe kits will match for a corrado ?

If yes which of these styles would you go for(both about same price.

I'm leaning toward the more classic (fit better with rear bench) but the sports style just look that extra bit the biz.

Grey or black of course (red ain't my thang, but at least it might cover up any of my other halfs lipstick dropping moments as she attempts to use the vanity(!) mirror when i floor it.)

Cheers

Jon

Not too sure about the subframes. As far as choosing a seat, it depends what you want - whether you want a standard look (top one) or whether you'd prefer a racier look.

Totally agree about not going for red though! Stick to a nice colour to match your interior.

They do a corrado subframe - found it on their website doh!must have looked straight past it! Should i hope, fit in easy enough. Know of anyone with corbeau seats?

J

oooh I want the corbeau carrera's 8) If you find out how well they fit then let us know because I'd love the fit those in future :mrgreen:

that black one keeps things subtle and it looks the biz btw ...if i was to get new seats the black one would be the one....

2p's worth

i got some opel astra opc(or vauxhall)seats and they fit just fine.

It was a little bit difficult to fit them to the propper height but the result is just fine i think

I put a set of Recaros in my C and it sits high. You will need to modify the rear bracket for it to sit lower. I'm going to put my stock seats backin. :roll:

Picture_057.sized.jpg

Interior looks lush mate! Think I would stick with standard seats though, as you say.