Craig

AVOID Ebay seller "the_street_shop" VR6 fog lights from USA.

I couldn’t find any bad seller thread so I Just wanted to make people aware of the ebay seller the_street_shop and my recent experience.

I ordered a set of VR6 replacement fog light lenses and paid through eBay/PayPal back in April yet nothing has arrived.

I contacted the seller and they said they will look into it for me, then no response, i then chased again to which they said it had been posted and asked for my address again to check, I asked for the proof of postage and tracking number and no response.

This process took about 2 months to get replies from the seller. I then contacted Ebay who formally contacted the seller on my behalf however, again no reply was received.

Ebay said they will investigate the seller if no contact is received however cannot help with my transaction as i didn’t raise a dispute with in 30 days of the expected delivery date, However this is because i was in correspondence with the seller and awaiting their replies, which is what Ebay and Paypal advise you to do in such circumstances.

So because the seller took so long to reply to my messages, ebay and Paypal accept no responsibility.

In essence i just wanted to make people aware to raise an issue straight away with any seller and to avoid this seller if looking for corrado parts.

This is the first issue ive ever had with an ebay/PayPal transaction and im left a little shocked by how badly either has handled my case and essentially passed the buck amongst themselves with no one taking ownership and unwilling to help, to top it off i cant even leave negative feedback against the seller to warn off others as this feature has lapsed on my purchase!

Not a happy chappy and i certainly wont be using Ebay/Paypal again for any purchases over a tenner!

My rules are, if items don't arrive within 2 weeks start a Paypal dispute, they will 99% go in your favour, then if the goods turn up, its easy enough to repay the seller

I raised it with the seller as suggested by eBay/PayPal and that exchange of messages took so long, unbeknown to me i missed my window of opportunity to raise a dispute, it makes me think the seller knew this and delayed his responses on purpose.

I just feel rather miffed that ive paid for goods through the legitimate channels and im left with no one willing to help.

I guess next time as you say the good grace of givnig them time to resolve the issue goes out the window and ill be straight onto eBay!

however as people search for new fog lights i thought id highlight my case to warn others!

I've also been stung by this guy. Again i brought a set of fog light lenses of him, and had some commuication from him. But he was trading under a different name, so I posted my money, and never got any parts from him

There was a thread about these guys on here a while ago, and on VWVortex. the orginial sellers name was under Original German Folks i think

Edited by Dude VR6

sorry about that Dude Vr6, i take it you didnt get a refund or reply?

well if any other buyers are considering his lenses from USA, hopefully they see this and it raises some awareness of this chaps scams and stops another potential victim then all is not lost.

If i cant get my funds back then it would be nice to stop him from doing this to others!

My rules are, if items don't arrive within 2 weeks start a Paypal dispute, they will 99% go in your favour, then if the goods turn up, its easy enough to repay the seller

Exactly this. If the seller is genuine they will soon turn up a tracking number once you lodge a Paypal dispute. If they're not then you just see it through and get a refund.

Sorry you two lads have been done over.

Exactly this. If the seller is genuine they will soon turn up a tracking number once you lodge a Paypal dispute. If they're not then you just see it through and get a refund.

Sorry you two lads have been done over.

Sometimes you have to be an a$$hole to beat the a$$holes that are out there... and there's plenty of them :brickwall:

i know this shop / guy, i bought a door handle striker set of off him a few years ago and had no probs at all. but when my deal was done i heard of many people having probs with the_street_shop. dont wait any longer than 45 days to open a paypal-claim, thats the way to go.

i know this shop / guy, i bought a door handle striker set of off him a few years ago and had no probs at all. but when my deal was done i heard of many people having probs with the_street_shop. dont wait any longer than 45 days to open a paypal-claim, thats the way to go.

Really Tyler ?!