Drucey

corrado wont start. (possible fuel problem)

hi people, i have a really strange problem with my car. its a 1989 (g reg) 1.8 16v corrado (kr engine) it was working fine the other day, went to get in it the next day and it wont fire oveer :-( i have checked all the ignition and there is a brilliant spark coming from the plug (so know all thats working fine) all the fuses are fine, and when you turn the key all the fuel pump makes its priming noise. it all sound and does as it should but just wont start. does anybody think just because the fuel pump makes its prime noise that it still might be knackered? or there is a blockage in the fuel line/filter all of a sudden? the filter is only 8 months old. there was no warning or anything building up to this (Thursday its was running like a dream, Friday it just wont start) it has to be something with the fuel? it turns over fine but wont even make a splutter or noise to start. (like its out of petrol) which i know it has loads in. any help would be brilliant. thank so much everybody, appreciate you looking.