Langsam

Headlight plugs

I know this is a little bit of a sore subject, but headlight oem plugs the 4 pin female type. My headlight loom has been butchered by the previous owner who has kindly removed the oem plugs and fitted crimped female connectors!

I've had constant problems with my headlights since owning this corrado, I need them sorting. Could anyone please take a picture of their headlight plugs so I can see what colour wires go where? And also does anyone have the part number for the connectors you use to fit to each wire when fitting the original 4 pin plug?

Thanks in advance.

I'm slowly goin out of my mind over this headlight problem.

I'm going down to my garage later, i'll photo you the plugs whilst i'm there.

I strongly advise you to fit an uprated headlamp loom whilst your repairing the botched job on the connectors, the difference is

nite and day..especially if using bright white bulbs such as PIAA's.

I might have a few spare connectors too.

Thanks Veedubbed, that would be a massive help. I could then figure out why the main beam also switch on when I turn my headlights on.

I've already bought a uprated loom, it's just a shame I've been waiting to fix this headlight wiring fault first.

Edited by Langsam

I went through the same thing with my ancient big relay headlamp loom, Whilst rebuilding the front end, after a 5 year pause(!) i could'nt remember how the dam wires were connected, after burning loads of fuses, shorts etc i ripped the whole thing out and bought a new version..

I'm hoping I don't have to do that just for the sake of two plugs or even someone simply putting the wires in the wrong order haha.

Right, Been down and came out at once, my dam camera's batt is dead.

Luckly i've got an old headlamp harness taken out of a spare headlamp.

So when looking at the connector from the top (the plug has a cut-out

beneath the spring clip) the brown wire is fitted into the top left hand hole on the connector, Black/white tracer wire is pushed into the top r/h hole opposite the borwn wire, the yellow/black tracer wire is located in the bottom l/h hole and lastly, the side light grey/black tracer wire is fitted into the bottom r/h hole.

If you can wait until tomorrow aft. when i go back down, i'll photo both of the plugs and route out my invoice from Vehicle wiring products

who posted me a few of the special spade connectors for the headlamps because if you have'nt got the ref. number they could send you the wrong ones..

Ok then thanks. I've had a look at my headlights and the colour wire are the same but I'm slightly confused on which way your viewing your wiring from sorry.

A picture would explain better.

thanks again.

Edited by Langsam

Sam, Send me your email address mate, I've been trying to upload photos onto the forum for about an hour but it won't

accept them.

Ok will do thanks.

I could still do with a picture of each plug for each headlight so I know what colour wire goes in what order.

Here you go. It's

BROWN WHITE

YELLOW GREY

Bottom

The connectors are available from the dealers or from ARZ Tuning in Germany.

You legend! Are both headlights the same wiring wise?

I've spoken to the dealers and I can get the plugs, they are just unsure on whether the individual connectors for the wires come with the plugs. If not then I certainly won't know which type I need haha.

They usually come blank, but you can get a tool to push each wire out with its connector. Will find the link (if i can)

Both are the same. It's a terminal extraction tool you need - VW use two sizes for most of their connectors. VW will also sell you repair wires with the blade terminal on them.

Oops, just read things properly and seen what you have, You do need some terminals and probably don't need that tool.

Not sure on what terminals they are.

I was wondering why you recommended the terminal tool haha.

But yeh it's a bit of a nightmare. It doesn't help the previous owner spliced the fogs into the headlight wiring aswell!

You squire are a absolute legend!

Looks like I'm off to TPS tomorrow to order the plugs and repair wire sections aswell.

Thanks mate.