andygal

Warning : Amos Motors Ebay, Corrado used parts / breakers

All,

Just a word of warning to avoid this seller on eBay. I purchased a "Corrado" steering rack from them and when it arrived, turned out to be for a MK3 Golf. They are insisting it is the same but there are differences between them as many people know who are knowledgeable on Corrados.

They are only offering to refund it if I pay both sets of postage and a 20% re-stocking fee, so I would get about £20 back from the £50 I spent on it!

I am in touch with trading standard and am seeking legal advice through work. Someone pointed out that it is the same company who failed to return a gents Schrick off the forum : http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=76610

I don’t like naming and shaming but feel that it is appropriate in this instance as they seem a fairly large supplier of Corrado used parts.

Thanks, Andy

• Like 1

I had dealings with him ages and ages ago, but I ended up getting all (and more) of my money back, i was not in a good mood at all when I turned up and I threw a subframe at him lol

Interesting to hear that lol! I sent it back but the courier is saying they have rejected delivery!!!

Just raising the paperwork to go through small claims just now. Notifying the tax man too as I paid via Paypal and never got a receipt so not convinced everything is going through the books.

Thanks, Andy

i have been in touch with them, just thought i'd search the forum before i gave any money over.

I was going to buy some bodywork cuts off him, so i can weld up mine. Not sure i should now.

That man still owes me a fog light. I've also got a set of tyres that he sold me that don't fit and one went flat!

I gave up calling him!

Amos Motors Limited, still trading. Elliot Symcox and Mark Smith are the Directors.

I'd issue them with an invoice and follow it up with a CCJ if they fail to respond.