Blounter

288mm brake hose length

Just upgrading my 280mm VR6 brakes with some MK4 Golf GTi 288mm kit (newly powder coated calipers carriers decent discs pads and pair of hubs with bearings and abs sensors for £28! ebay result!) Does anyone who's used this setup remember what length hoses they used? The seller didn't know what year golf they came off and as you can imagine there are quite a few different lengths on offer for the MK4. I have measured roughly what it might be but just want some reassurance off someone who's done it. I know you can buy the braided kits from D&G etc but was going to get standard just to keep costs down.

Cheers

Wont Std work if you are staying with rubber hoses?

Nah,VR6 hoses have different caliper end,screw in type,golf gti has banjo type……..

Having done the 280-288 an 288-315 conversion, the standard Golf/A3/TT hoses work fine.

Yeah I'm sure the standard ones will fit it's just everywhere you look sellers quote different lengths? ECP and GSF quote 435mm, AVS VW 450mm, various ebay sellers quote anything from 465 to 580? I reckon some are quoting total length and some quoting from centre of banjo hole to bottom of threads. Reckon 465 is the one.

Will take a trip to GSF or ECP tomorrow and see what options they got. Whatever they got I'll offer them up on the car,check em on full lock and take them back if no good.