VRTrickster

KW Varient 1 fitment to VR Rear

I've just come from trying to fit my v1s to my car. Got the fronts on without too much bother, apart from faffing with the camber. But when it came to the back. After removing the old strut and having a look. The thread is bigger than the v1s, so none of the nut and washers etc for the topmounts will fit the coilover! I am right in thinking that it's just one coilover kit that fits all the varieties?

Do I just need to get top mounts and plates washers etc from a smaller engined Corrado? Fed up I couldn't get the rears on today! Any advice would be great..

Edited by VRTrickster

If your taking konis off then they come with their own custom parts at the top as the koni stuff is wider. You just need the bits with holes in from a standard vr. Think it's a couple of inch long metal sleeve and the two dished washer each side. Rubber mount bits are the same. Also the nuts are different sizes too.

If your taking konis off then they come with their own custom parts at the top as the koni stuff is wider. You just need the bits with holes in from a standard vr. Think it's a couple of inch long metal sleeve and the two dished washer each side. Rubber mount bits are the same. Also the nuts are different sizes too.

Thanks for the help Jim Bowen. Yeah should of mentioned I had Konis on... You put my mind at rest that evening. I went out and got the bits off a polo first thing in the morning from the scrappy ;) Looks like I drilled the top washers when I fitted the Konis 8 years ago... All on now ;)