Sign in to follow this  
CharlieHorse

Kind of a not really a problem??

Hmmmmm well i replaced the oil cooler, flused out the cooling system, and the engine and all was fine for a day or so. Then it started loosing water. I'd fill it up in the mornin an drive to work (motorway) and it would be fine right untill i slowed down and stopped. Also happened a few times on other journeys, like from london back to liverpool it was fine untlii i slowed down to stop at some servces after about a hundred and fifty miles, then water was pouring out, and again when i slowed at the thelwall viaduct. Anyway i suspected the water pump had gone after reading a few recent posts and the location of the leak ( left hand side of engine), so i got a new one. Only thing is, now its stopped leaking all together. I havent put any water in for about 10 days. Now i'm confused. Coud it have been the coolant flush that messed something up.

Thanks in advance

Oh yea, even with all the trouble..........WOW!!!

I'd be inclined to put the new water pump in anyway... There's no other places on that left side of the block for water to come from, and you really want to maintain good engine cooling on a VR, particularly in this hot weather.. Just for peace of mind, even if nothing else!

I might be on the wrong track here.. but my old pug1.9 used to do the same thing.. turned out it was a combination of airlocks and simply having too much liquid in the system.... I literally filled it up, long run, let it all fly out, then topped it up a teeny bit... never did it again! I think it has to find its natural level or something