carrots

any advice on manifold swop

ive bought a 50mm polished inlet manifold for my 1.8 16v kr .its fitted with a 42mm at the mo.any advice on changing it over.will i need to get it tunned .thanks

Nope, won't need do anything to it, golfs came with the same manifold on exactly the same engine, it just shifts the torque curve a little and tbh the 42mm suits the heavier Corrado better

I have an internally polished and port matched 42mm inlet on my kjet 1.8 that has a 2L block, the standard cast iron exhaust manifold has had the same treatment and the head is gas flowed, there's certainly no restriction from the 42mm inlet and the car pulls very strongly to the red line (7,200). From my own experience on rolling roads, seat of the pants and reading about similar kjet golf I've come to the conclusion that the 42mm is the best in the majority of engines with the 50 gaining a couple of hp on highly tuned ones, trouble is that's only peak power at the top of the rev range and the 42 still develops more torque over nearly all the rev range which means the 42 will still out-perform the 50 on acceleration through the rev range.