EJ Taylor

Fitting Recaro Speed's to my Corrado

Got these Recaro Speeds to fit, has anyone done something similar before? do you know whats available? Or any ways around this?

My guy says you can use mk1/2 golf frames but u still sit high, so sit low you need corrado rail brackets?

Is there anything on the market to help get around this? as sourcing some corrado seat runners is guna be a pain in the bottom?

any information appreciated!!!

You might be able to fit them using some recaro universal runners and then mount them using the same method as detailed in the wiki for fitting tt seats. I fitted my tombstones in a similar way apart from I fitted a plate that spanned across the front mountint points and picked up on the original central mount in the car. I guess you just wouldn't have any height adjustment by doing it this way.

Can you not find a set of cheap **** corrado seats and nick the frames ??

Thats what id be doing , then id be looking for a way to attach the seat so your using origional functioning parts

Im sure a fab company would be able to make brackets or weld frames on to the seats

After looking at the seats a few times and imagining them in a nice black cloth finish these are going to look amazing

There are aftermarket options if you do some googling, but they are never going to sit quite as low as proper original Recaros.

I fitted some Konig's to my last C' with frames from here. http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/konig-vw-corrado-seat-frame/prod_2315.html

Didn't sit quite as low as OEM seats but were way more comfortable and supportive so well worth it. There are a few people on here that run them so maybe you could get them to measure the mounting hole positions to see if they would fit Recaro's also? I pretty much came to the conclusion that after frames, runners and seats were bought you may as well have just bought original C' Recaros unless you came across a much cheaper alternative like I did with the Konigs that cost me about £600 fitted.

I fitted a set of Recaro speeds about 7 years back, the black versions with the 'bubbly' antiwear treatment on the seat bolsters.

I got the universal seat runners sent along with the seats, ok, the're not original Recaro ones or quality but there also not the same price range either..

You'll have to get used to backing up or parking 'cos the high backs will obviously impead your visual out of the back window.

These versions also have an annoying habit of rubbing on the rooflining and hitting the front sun visors whilst tilting the seat backs to get in the back. You'll obviously loose the driver's height adjustment feature and remember that the speeds are bolt on seats so i don't think your gonna be able to use the original seat runners fitted O/E.

You might be able to fit them using some recaro universal runners and then mount them using the same method as detailed in the wiki for fitting tt seats. I fitted my tombstones in a similar way apart from I fitted a plate that spanned across the front mountint points and picked up on the original central mount in the car. I guess you just wouldn't have any height adjustment by doing it this way.

This does sounds like it could be an option, i just dont want to end up sitting high, it is not an option.

Can you not find a set of cheap **** corrado seats and nick the frames ??

Thats what id be doing , then id be looking for a way to attach the seat so your using origional functioning parts

Im sure a fab company would be able to make brackets or weld frames on to the seats

After looking at the seats a few times and imagining them in a nice black cloth finish these are going to look amazing

this sounds like its guna be the best bet, im contemplating weather its worth sourcing ****ed ones, or just using the bottoms of mine.... :scratch:

There are aftermarket options if you do some googling, but they are never going to sit quite as low as proper original Recaros.

I fitted some Konig's to my last C' with frames from here. http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/konig-vw-corrado-seat-frame/prod_2315.html

Didn't sit quite as low as OEM seats but were way more comfortable and supportive so well worth it. There are a few people on here that run them so maybe you could get them to measure the mounting hole positions to see if they would fit Recaro's also? I pretty much came to the conclusion that after frames, runners and seats were bought you may as well have just bought original C' Recaros unless you came across a much cheaper alternative like I did with the Konigs that cost me about £600 fitted.

Much prefer the speeds to the standard Recaros man! and these are getting trimmed in grey matching leather with black Alcantara centers so they wont be your average speeds

I fitted a set of Recaro speeds about 7 years back, the black versions with the 'bubbly' antiwear treatment on the seat bolsters.

I got the universal seat runners sent along with the seats, ok, the're not original Recaro ones or quality but there also not the same price range either..

You'll have to get used to backing up or parking 'cos the high backs will obviously impead your visual out of the back window.

These versions also have an annoying habit of rubbing on the rooflining and hitting the front sun visors whilst tilting the seat backs to get in the back. You'll obviously loose the driver's height adjustment feature and remember that the speeds are bolt on seats so i don't think your gonna be able to use the original seat runners fitted O/E.

None of this is an option, sounds like issues due to being to high, with this in mind i think using original corrado seats is guna be the way, as i will not compromise with things like hitting on the roof (although i have no back seats anyway) For what ive spent on this car im not guna skimp out on seats and have them hitting the roof, i want these bad boys on the floor.

Thank you to all of you for you help! as always much appreciated and it was all very helpful!!!