Type313

My first VR6

I had 2 1990 G60's in the mid 90's when I was young and foolish and drove way too fast, but on Monday I finally got my first VR6. I never thought I'd get another Corrado, but this one looked very clean and I traded it for my truck. My favorite color combination is black with tan leather and this even has that! When Corrados were still on the lots in the US my local VW dealer got tired of me coming to take a test drive and pretty quickly only let me sit in it, since I was fresh out of high school with no money. So here is my new to me 1993 Corrado. The sunroof, passenger window, heated seats and AC don't work and there is a battery drain coming from somewhere so I have to disconnect the battery if I don't drive it for a couple days. But otherwise it's in great shape and I'm looking forward to getting the niggly things working again. This is my 16th VW, but only 4 were water pumpers, and I never really got in depth into them so I need to learn everything all over again. I've built two air cooled VW's from the bare metal out into show cars, but water pumpers kind of scare me. A lot more complex.

Welcome to the forum. That's a nice looking Corrado, glad you've got behind of a VR at last ;)

Nice colour combo too. Fully black carpets would go well in that :cool:

Hello and welcome, corrado looks nice. I've never been a fan of the numberplate shape though in the US, really doesn't suit the corrado. It is legal to have them European style?

Hello and welcome, corrado looks nice. I've never been a fan of the numberplate shape though in the US, really doesn't suit the corrado. It is legal to have them European style?

No, it isn't legal. In some states you don't need a front plate so people will put a European plate up front, but that isn't the case in Washington. I've seen some people put a Euro plate and then their plate on top but I think it looks haphazard. Most of the Euro cars made for the US end up with clunky adaptations for our license plate shape. At least VW didn't do that for the Corrado.

Looks really good. The VR6 must suit the easy going nature of driving in the US

I am anything but an easygoing driver! :rambo: I think the G60 handles better, but when I was in high school and before I started racing I always wanted the VR6. So when this opportunity came up I snatched it. Western Washington is pretty mountainous, so I'm looking forward to going on my favorite winding drives with my new car.

My last car with a stick was an MR2 I had a year ago and the clutch is a lot more forgiving. I'm still trying to get this one down properly. Any tips?