Thursdave

After market alarm removal - Help! G60

Hi folks.

So while my dash is out as I'm doing the heater matrix, I figured I might as well remove the dodgy non working alarm system, in the hopes that it is the source of my battery drain.

Here's some wonderful pictures. https://imgur.com/a/cbLi6

So here's what I've found. As you can see, it's a Laserline 994. Which according to my google searches, doesn't exist. Grand.

The fuse box is a MESS. Not sure what's original, what's to do with the radio (non-gen Sony head unit), not sure what's to do with the alarm system.

I've removed the large control unit (which was actually nicely hidden behind the drivers side foot rest) and the two interior sensors on the upper A pillars. There was a second control unit thing in the middle of the dash, which linked up to a few earth points and the sensors.

One of the pictures shows a red and black wire connected to each other which go through the bulkhead, definately not genuine, definately dodgy as hell, but no idea what they're for.

The very last picture shoes a smallish loom coming through the bulkhead on the lower left middle of the dash. All of those wires are from the main control unit from the alarm, but I can't work out the other side of them.

There's a connector just the other side of the bulkhead in the engine bay which doesn't look genuine. It looks to be spliced into the main engine wiring loom, and I can't trace it at all.

The main areas I need help with are the fusebox and the ignition switch. The wiring for the ignition switch has been mangled with the install of the alarm and I've no idea how it looks as standard.

The fusebox has hardly any access to it with all the wires, and I'm worried if I unplug it all I'll never put it back together correctly.

Anyone had experience with this alarm system before? Anyone had the joy of removing an old alarm system?

Most importantly - Has anyone got pictures of the wiring under the dash on a stock corrado? It'd be a massive help.

Cheers guys!

Dave.

To meet insurance/thatcham requirements alarm installers cut a fair length of ignition loom from under the dash/steering column, can be a real pain to repair, but you should be able to match the colours of the original sections of loom in and out of the alarm and/ or immobiliser control box

I've managed to source installation instructions for the alarm system. Doesn't look too bad but it appears its spliced into wiring for the fuel pump, starter, and ignition coil. I'm printing out some wiring diagrams as we speak but hopefully most are just done on the relay side!