Diesel2000

Oil Light Question

I seem to be asking more questions than I expected on here but here goes again.....

I can drive my 16v on motorways with no issues, but when the engine is hot and I get to 30mph areas the oil light flickers with no buzzer.

I've checked the usual after looking on here at the other oil light questions but can't seem to find anything with a definitive answer.

The oil level is healthy and has been recently changed using 10w 40 comma semi synthetic (not by me) and a filter that I haven't been able to identify (pic below).

Any ideas to point me in the right direction? I would have thought if it was oil pressure then it would be low regardless of speed but hopefully the sites knowledge knows otherwise.

Cheers as ever!

IMAG0477_zpsqcrqnc65.jpg

The oil pressure rises with revs as the pump is driven by the intermediate shaft. As the oil gets hot it thins as well. Start by changing the oil temp sensors. Sounds like its the low pressure sensor that may be suspect, but they're not too expensive so worth changing both. Also check the wire and spade connector as they corrode and fray over time. Other than that, drop the sump and check the pick up gauze isn't blocked, and the sump baffle plate isn't swinging about blocking it intermittently as the securing clips break off. Other than those and wiring, the only other thing really is the clocks.

Yeah that's the sensors in the picture.

The yellow wire is for the oil pressure light on my G60, not sure if it would be the same wire on the 16V.

If the other wire is green/black that's for the oil temp for the mfa

had an audi 1.8t turbo with a similar problem , oil light would come on randomly when driving, the problem was oil pick up gauze was blocked,