Samviv

Finding the key coding for corrado g60 91

Just wondering if anyone could help me find a code that I could give a lock smith to make me some keys,as I lost my only set and local dealer is useless and hasn't got my car on system anymore, I've got into the car just can't lock it or drive it till I find this code! Don't no if this is the right place to ask but worth ago cheers

My mate is the parts manger at VW, if you wanted to PM me the reg. I could ask him for you can't promise anything like. I remember I had to order a cut key for mine from Germany from him with reg number last year.

He did say as long as none of the locks had been changed, it would be okay.

Or have you phoned Vwheritage to see if they could help, as they must also have contacts at the dealers.

Good luck

Actual what I said is rubbish, as I recall I had to send him a copy of my driving license and my log book to order a new key.

How about stripping one of the door locks down to get the numbers off the tumblers

Think I'm gonna have to replace the whole locking system and ignition :-/ since the door locks and ignition were off a different keys, the lock smith said there should be a key code number some where n that's all I need for then to make a key for me just can't find it any where

I'm having the same problem you are. I lost my only key I had to the car, but I could still get In my passenger door simply because there is no locking mechanism on it. I called the local VW dealership and they told me to try a local locksmith. I called 4, but none could do it. I ordered a new ignition lock cylinder for ~$25 shipped.

Hello there,

I've got some new wafer pins if you need any,

I don't want to sell them all as I need spares for my self, but don't mind helping out if needed.

Here's some photo's that might help if you need to find out your key code set up.

The original wafer pins on the vehicle aren't always numbered so it can some times be difficult,

to tell which one is which.

The lock barrels in the Corrado have wafer pins numbered from number 1 through to number 4,

so really depends what set up you have,

if your old wafer pins are not numbered then compare them to the photo's below,

they hopefully should help you to work out which ones are what.

Wafer pin numbered as n.o 1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80002[/ATTACH]

Wafer pin numbered as n.o 2

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80003[/ATTACH]

Wafer pin numbered as n.o 3

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80004[/ATTACH]

Wafer pin numbered as n.o 4

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80005[/ATTACH]

Hope this helps

Si

Edited by vw rule