RichG60

Remove pins from g60 25 pin ECU connector

I'm trying to remove all pins from a digifant g60 25 pin ECU connector. I have the proper vw tool for this but they won't budge.

Is there a special way to do this, a secondary lock I've missed or a special chant before I attempt it as this is a mystery.

Cheers

Rich

with these pins, you need to push them upwards, ie as if you are fitting them in. You will see the pin move a slight amount. The put removal tool in the two slots until it wont go further. this will release the lock tabs but the rubber grommet seal on the base also provides a fair amount of friction so you actually need to use a fair amount of force to pull the lead out. Try and 'wiggle' them out and take your time.

When it moves you will see from the pin side that it has moved a bit but it will feel as though it cant go any further. Dont worry, once you've gone down by 1-2mm, the lock tabs no longer hold it in place and you only need to overcome friction.

Sorry for the long-winded explanation!

Thanks for the explanation but figured it out now.

There is a kind of secondary lock on the connector. The part where the pins fit is 2 piece. There are some locking tabs which I gently opened and ever so slightly slide side ways put the release tool in and they popped out straight away and did the whole connector in a few minutes.

This is also worth a look;

Thanks but already watched that and now finished :) replaced all connectors with new ones. The ECU connector was the last one :)