Charlie191

Coolant hose wont fit.

Hi guys,

I had a coolant pipe burst the other day, the one that goes from the block to the heater matrix with a tee going to somewhere else. I bought a spare from eurocarparts, part number 211441550, but it wont fit my car. It has exactly the same VW part number as printed on the original but the pipe diameter is visibly different. I dont think i will be able to stretch it on either as there is such a difference.

Has anyone else ever had this issue?

If one pipe has split I guess the others might also be on their way out so I am tempted just to buy a full set of Samco hoses but I am now worried about buying stuff that wont fit.

Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers.

Samco hoses are not of the best of quality. They're trading on their name and not their quality. Try Roose motorsports and don't use jubilee clips to hold it all together.

I recently replaced all the hoses on my VR6 with a set of Venair silicone ones and I have the original hose that you require if you are stuck. It runs from the cylinder head to the heater matrix with an offshoot to the throttle body. Internal diameter at each end would be approx. 19mm. It is marked with the numbers 1H0 121157 and PXO13323 and is in excellent condition with no signs of wear , splits or cracks. All three original clips are also present.

Let me know if you would be interested.

PB020002.jpg

PB020001.jpg

Edited by leon263

I agree with Sean. For the price vw charge it's more sense to go with silicone hoses.

My samco ones haven't lasted very long. Also in the process of ditching jubilee clips for original spring clamps.