RussJ

Looking for a nice VR6...

Just thought I'd say hello...

I'm RussJ, living near Norwich and, as the title says, looking for a VR6.

We already have a Volvo XC60 for shopping trips and I have an SLK55 for summer top-down fun but I've always wanted a Corrado since I first saw them back in late eighties. Now I've retired I'll have plenty of time to fix the inevitable problems.

Ideally, I'd like a car with less than 100k, leather interior and standard (or mildly modded). Must have a good service history and be in good condition, although I don't mind doing some mechanical/electrical work.

Cash waiting for the right car!

Russ

Welcome to the forum.

Sub 100K cars are getting increasingly hard to find, but good luck with your search :) There are a couple of very nice cars which I know the owners would consider selling for the right kind of money, but it would all depend on your budget of course.

Hi Russ, welcome to the forum. I have a VR for sale http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=89098 as it is not sub 100k as you requested I do have another engine available for sale with the car its a VEGE reconditioned engine only covered 40k.

2.9 VR6 VEGE reconditioned engine only covered 40k miles with Neuspeed pulley kit

All parts including starter motor and alternator etc,

Recent inspection and overhaul with new rocker cover gasket and sump gasket.

New water pump fitted along with all water seals and gaskets.

New oil cooler gaskets and seals.

New inlet manifold gaskets

Toothed belt

Oil filter

Fuel filter.

2litres G13

6 litres Fully synth oil

I have a Raceland 6-1 exhaust manifold complete with heat wrap gaskets and ties.

Gear box

Please drop me a message if of interest

Regards

Rob

Hi Russ, I have a very clean 1994 VR6 for sale currently on Ebay in Ice Grey Violet colour, very clean and standard, ex forum members car. Full leather and comprehensive full history, 159k but engine rebuilt and all fully working. I love it to bits but rarely use her due to my daily driver being a Touareg R50 and also having an SL500 as a summer toy.

FOR SALE

A truly unique, unmolested Corrado VR6 in its original condition, full extensive SH. The V6 engine is creamy smooth and pulls effortlessly. A proper performance car absolutely amazing to drive. No funny noises runs sweet and pulls very well instant acceleration and no hesitation what so ever

* New MAF fitted (1/12/14) paperwork to hand including the old MAF. I replaced the MAF because I noticed the car hunting at low revs and cutting out, at first I changed all the ignition leads, which made no difference however after getting some advice of the-Corrado.net forum, I installed a new MAF, it is running and idling as it should

* ISV removed & cleaned along with the throttle body

* Breaks Over-hauled including rear callipers, new pads & disks, the break master cylinder has benefited with new seals

* Engine rebuilt back in 2007 & has been kept in dry storage by the previous elderly owner

* Brand new bespoke exhaust system fitted including silencers, this was due to the original one suffering from rust, its not a boy racer type & not loud, exhaust has a life time warranty, will need transferring over to the new owner

* Tyres have plenty of thread, original alloys have been restored back to their natural beauty no scuffs or curbing, the alloys where covered under 6 months warranty but expired in November, spare wheel along with tools are in the boot

* Oil has recently been changed, along with the oil pressure sensors, they looked very old, these are known to leak oil so I decided to get this changed. All receipts and paperwork available I also have pictures

Body work is in very good condition for its age, no holes, rust or hugh dents, however paint could do with a good buff as its showing some signs of age this is the only bad point I have noticed. Front grill, badge & front lip spoiler where dull so I had these restored in a nice matt finish. I have also got the windows professionally tinted all round which includes a 3 year guarantee.

Interior is absolutely mint, standard cloth interior with no rips, no excessive wear to the steering wheel or gear shifter, everything works how it should, E/Windows, E/Mirrors work as they should, sunroof has started playing up so I have disconnected it from the switch. I have gone through some effort and re-done the miserable grey head lining in to a very expensive black velvet material, I have also done the sun visors and sunroof switch panel in triple velvet (faux) to break things up, it looks and feels amazing, I wanted to add a unique feature to the inside, the grey switches have been stripped and painted black to finish of the look. New LED white bulbs have replaced the yellow ones including the passenger sun visor. I have pictures to highlight the work as it progressed. Heating system works fine all heating stages work as they should, the old heater matrix was replaced with a brand new one, interior lights all work and there are no missing bits everything is totally original. Switch for the spoiler is working and is a very cool feature on the Corrado. CD player fitted but this is not the original one and does not come with the car. Original first aid kit is included & located in the rear passenger armrest, very rare to have this.

This lovely Corrado benefits from having a Thatcham 1 certified security alarm and immobiliser with 2 sets of fobs and 1 key (panic button on fob) fully registered GPS tracking device will be added in to the sale but needs fitting. Currently taxed, due to the recent changes it comes with no tax, MOT'D til Jan 2015, private plate not included.

Over all this Corrado is superb it needs some minor tlc, Im sure the new owner can bring it back to its glory by spending a day or two polishing and buffing the bodywork, the best part is the extensive service history it dates back to when the car was first purchased origanal receipt available, there are piles of paperwork from old mot's, tax disks and DVLA related paperwork. All the above mentioned work has got paperwork to back it up, genuine 130.000 miles (in daily use) HPI clear, I have a report from 22/08/2014 but please do your own checks.

Previous owner was an elderly chap and the owner before him was his best friend so you can be assured it has not been abused by youngsters, I am a keen VW enthusiast I absolutely love my cars and take great care of them. I have tried my best to be as informative as possible & gone in to detail regarding the car, if however you have any questions please don't hesitate in contacting me.

Will add pics on weekend