Jim Bowen

Best performance full exhaust for VR6

Thinking of getting a complete system. Manifold to tailpipe. It seems the supersprint will be the best manifold. Then I guess I'd need performance cat or I could go decat.

Is it just two boxes after the cat? Do people get rid of one of them?

If you want to try a decat mate I've got one you're welcome to borrow?

If it was me looking for an exhaust again I'd go for something custom and make sure there's no kink in the pipe as it travels the rear axle.

If got a magnex system I'll be parting with after Christmas hopefully , at the moment I run a de cat and a rear suitcase delete pipe and just a magnex back box , sounds gooood

I'm replacing mine with a two box techtonics system from the states

If you could stomach the cost (shipping, import duty) the TechTonics one is the one that everyone raves about. Otherwise I guess you can't really go too wrong with a custom stainless job from one of those places that offers a lifetime warranty.. it's one part you'd never need to worry about again!

If you could stomach the cost (shipping, import duty) the TechTonics one is the one that everyone raves about. Otherwise I guess you can't really go too wrong with a custom stainless job from one of those places that offers a lifetime warranty.. it's one part you'd never need to worry about again!

I think the later would be the best/ most sensible option Jim especially if the time thing is a factor ie doing low mileage plus the distance aspect.

Just been on the techtonics site in US and they have a Black friday sale on for the next few days. :D

There is some nice stuff on there….Must resist...

If you want to try a decat mate I've got one you're welcome to borrow?

If it was me looking for an exhaust again I'd go for something custom and make sure there's no kink in the pipe as it travels the rear axle.

Don't you have the TT Borla exhaust?

Thanks for offer of decat, i may take you up on that offer. Will see where i get with exhaust first.

There is some nice stuff on there….Must resist...

I've only looked at the exhausts so far, the TT borla and a downpipe, can't see a manifold/header for the VR6 listed.

Are there any other NA tuning parts i should consider?

It was the down pipe that i was looking at as well…

Other than what you've listed its pretty much sundry items which id imagine you have already got..

Don't you have the TT Borla exhaust?

Thanks for offer of decat, i may take you up on that offer. Will see where i get with exhaust first.

Sure do mate. It's a fantastic exhaust, but the exchange rates were more favourable when I ordered mine. If you can get a deal on one I'd definitely recommend it. And if you want to hear one in action just let me know and I can always pop over.

What style is the tailpipe, i seem to remember it was just a round.

Have currently got a magnex catback, which i spose i will sell on to help fund this.

Yeah very plain. There's no bling about the exhaust at all but it's all function.

One nice thing is its sectional so if you wanted to get another tail pipe it's just a short section to change over after the silencer. Easy!

Crappy video alert! [video=youtube_share;ZzR_QOvD4p4]

Got a reply from techtonics. Think I'm just going to order the downpipe only.

Will wait until I've got engine in and run in. Will then get it mapped and see what power I get.

have always used pp tuning in louth custom made before nice chaps and will make to preferences peformance or sound , but running a ashley custom as it came up cheap

this is why i went with them for my other exhausts still makes me sex wee

Just order the techtonics downpipe and a few others bits, like leads, plugs, and also some knock sensor bushing (not sure if i need it but for $15 i ordered one anyway, suddenly just realised should i have two of them?)

Going to stick with my cat and magnex system for now.

The black friday sale ends on monday if anyone else was thinking of ordering, you have to enter a code to get the discount.