Hairyarse

6 or 7 inch rims?

Morning all!

For those of you that recall my C, you may remember that I couldn't decide if to keep the white wheels or paint/lose them. Just not sure on the white on white thing sometimes!

I've just bagged a set of BBS RX2's - 7x15 - for a good price and this would mean the tyres on my white 7x15 wheels would swap straight over. However, the wheels turned up the other day and are in fact 6x15 :(

So my question is, has anyone ran both 6 and 7 inch rims and noticed any real difference? I love the way my C rides and handles so don't want to mess with that too much. The tyres on the 6s are shot so I can't test them - and think the 205s on my 7s may look like balloons on the 6s. I just don't want to spend out on four new tyres and regret it!!

Hope that makes sense? All opinions welcome as always. :cool:

Cheers

Andy

Ive recently put a set of RX2's on my valver

4 stud but they are 6.5*16 IIRC

unfortunately ive not driven it on them yet as it is having a couple of issues sorted & hopefully a fresh MOT this week

i cant recall the ET but i am wondering if a small spacer would be an advantage BUT im really not a fan of spacers

Doubt you will notice much difference in terms of handling other than loss of grip due to thinner tyres. I would be more worried about how they will sit i would imagine they wont fill the arches out well at all. Assuming its a 16v i always found you need at least a 7.5j to fill the arch but an 8j with an et around 15 gave perfect fitment hope that helps

Thanks for the comments. I'll have to check, I'm pretty sure they were 6 not 6.5. ET45.

I'm not a fan of spacers either. I can at least chuck one on the car and see how it looks I guess ;)