Sign in to follow this  
bigpants baby

corrado insurance valuation

whats the best way to get a decent valuation om my corrado?,its a 1990 car with a golf vr engine,a z engineering s/charger & grey leather interior?

any ideas?

Bet it looks good with the new interior :)

You taken pics yet ?

PS I'm looking at some this weekend now that I've sold me bike so hope to be back into Corradoing very soon.

You still go those tinted tail lights and side-repeaters ?

Might need to buy some bits off you !

If it is to get a quote it doesn't really matter. The higher value you give them for you car the higher theft risk they will assume it is and therefore load the premium. Should you write the car of they will not give you the amount you insured it for. They will take the parkers or glasses guide valuation for the make model and year and make adjustments for mileage.

If you have already written it off they will probably not take in to consideration a higher spec engine (other than with a view to adjustments for mileage) when calculating your offer as they will say that it does not necessarily make it worth more.

Insurance companys are scum.

put a honest price on it yourself, send lots of photos into your Insurance company with the 'agreed valuation' form and see if they agree.

Id guess 4k maybe 4.5k ? depends on so many other things - mileage, condition etc.you can normally request the right to salvage as well so in the event of an accident you could sell the interior etc

I got my agreed valuation done through Chris Knott and cost me an extra £26.....

Valued at £6000