roonstar

ariel where has it gne?

so i purchased my first corrado the other night,the owner tells me that radio reception is ****,so i get home and next day i plug my stereo in ...what a mess behind dash wires cut and plugged into plugs and bodged but there is no roof aerial on car ? any ideas where i can mount new ariel without drilling holes?

I thought all rado's had a ariel on the roof at the back?

You could try a windscreen arial but not sure if they are any good.

Found this.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-styling/aerials/autoleads-electric-glass-mount-aerial

Cheap as chips..lol

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carpoint-2010007-Electronic-windscreen-antenna/dp/B001AIPF06

or this?

http://www.incarconnections.co.uk/car-aerials-car-antenna/blaupunkt-autofun-funline-am-fm-in-car-windscreen-aerial-antenna.html

Edited by Ray1965

most likely been deleted. had mine done cars lines flow better without it, just a styling mod

he may have cut out the wire, if not it will probably still be in the roof lining

I still have the aerial from mine if your interested

If they've deleted the aerial, could consider getting a DAB head unit and using a film type aerial. That's what I use on my car and it blows AM/FM out of the water - I can pick up probably 50-60 stations and the quality is excellent compared to my old aerial where I could pick up some of the national stations, some of the time!

DAB head unit cost £100 (and can be had cheaper!) and the aerial was about £20 I think. I wouldn't exactly say that was an extravagance :)

That's the only thing I wish my head unit had. It has pretty much every other toy going except for the DAB. I wonder if it's possible to retrofit it to an older head unit?

Yeah - that's the problem. Unfortunately you'd need an extra control box, not unlike a car hands free kit or similar :(

so i purchased my first corrado the other night,the owner tells me that radio reception is ****,so i get home and next day i plug my stereo in ...what a mess behind dash wires cut and plugged into plugs and bodged but there is no roof aerial on car ? any ideas where i can mount new ariel without drilling holes?

Pull the headliner down at the back and have a look, you may well see the weld where it's been deleted.