Declan Sedrick Lehane

Updating the Corrado!

Afternoon All!

I need some help/advise on how to make my Corrado more bearable to be in without speaker that sound like they are made of tin!!!

I have a Sony DSX A40UI Radio fitted which is fine, but I want to upgrade the speakers! Could anyone recommend anything for me please?

I would like to keep the speakers in the same places, etc to keep it looking all standard but I'd love for it to sound decent! Budget, I have no idea. Nothing ultra crazy but bringing it more towards 2014 rather than the 80's would be great!

Id rather not have a sub in the back, unsure about an amp, anywhere one could be hidden?

I'm not greatly clued up on this, so any suggestions, ideas, links to products etc would be great!!

Cheers.

Declan

Why not start with some 13cm components for the front, and add some sound deading material to the back of the door pockets. To try and give the sound a little more punch.

I also find if you try and seal the from of the speaker to the door pocket, with some foam type tape. You will achieve better sound quality.

I went for Hertz 13cm components up front (cost about £80) and a tiny Kenwood (about £100 s/h) under seat sub fitted neatly in the side of the boot (they don't fit under the seats). No amps used and it sounds fine to me with good imaging but without a don't expect earth moving base from a 6 inch sub.

Stuart.