shawshankkid

G60 radiator fitting.

Hi all, I've just purchased a brand new radiator from vw heritage for the G. I've done a search but can't find a lot on the subject. Can fitting a new radiator be done without taking the bumper off etc ? And can anyone give me a quick how to please ? Many thanks Chris.

not sure - there may be more room in the G but i know with my VR it was easier to take front bumper off

also recall putting the jack under the engine for support when removing the bolts which hold the bumper on as they pass through engine mounts - this was a precautionary measure. im not sure if they are the same on the G, I imagine the mounts are different

also - i think i left the passenger headlight in situ as i couldnt remove the awkward rear bolt

it was damn scary looking at it with the front off when i was half way through the job lol

I recently changed the rad in my G60 and we managed it without removing the front bumper. It was a bit fiddly but was possible (having access to a ramp at a friends garage helped though) - if I remember correctly we did unbolt the top of the slam panel to create a little more space.

Martin. ..am I right in thinking it's just top and bottom hose, both top clamps and the four bolts (2 each side) on the inside of the front grill ? Thanks chris.