Cacokicksass

Trottle lever return spring

Anyone come across issues with this? Basically what I'm seeing is, on the cold morning when I first head down the road, the throttle is not releasing, or is slow to release which results in over revving of the engine. After a short while driving this issue goes away, obviously when the engine heats up a bit and the grease around the spring is a bit warmer.

My question is, if anyone can help me, can these springs be got or would taking the existing throttle assembly apart and just cleaning and re-greasing it sort the problem. If the springs can be got, does anyone know of a supplier?

Cheers from a Corrado owner constantly in high revs.

There is a little throttle damper underneath the lever, also called a dashpot, is that all ok? Might be wrongly adjusted

Cheers, I'll check that out over the weekend. There is a little bit of play in the accelerator cable but I didn't attempt do anything about that until I get this other issue sorted. I had put it down to the return spring simply being stretched but I'm hoping it's just a lubrication issue or maybe even a case that the accelerator cable is experiencing friction someway along it's route due to a build up of grime. The car is 25 years young and a previous owner had left it sitting for a while which is leading me along the lines of clean and lubricate. The spring in question is similar to a large clothes peg spring so I imagine a suitable replacement can be found if it's not an off the shelf item.

I'll have a good look at it over the weekend and if I get a satisfactory fix I'll throw a few pics up on the thread.

yeah its also possible the cable could be causing it. Also, something i've noticed before on mine is where the cable passes through the plastic covers on the engine, mine had got all sticky there.