Chuggs1

Coolant?

Me again!

Ok - just taken a look at the coolant is just below the minimum level - can this be topped up with just water or do I need any particular coolant. I cant see any record in the huge file I have of what has been used in the past - can you mix?

Oh and had my initiation of owning a Corrado - and my first expense - new battery on Sunday - no biggy I suppose according to the records the last battery was 7 years ago

Thanks

Use demin water only in the coolant system. Abot £1.50 for 2.5 litres from morrisons/asda

Just top it up with some distilled water or iron water.... As long as your not putting too much in it won't change the concentration much... Do it when cold as the cap will be under pressure. When the cars running expect the fluid level to be above the max...

7 years is about right for a battery.

Before the mods say anything... Your not a newbie anymore... Post in other catagories

Edited by delfinis38

Thanks both

Ooops - I feel like a "Newbie" still Lol! - Ok message received and will post in other areas - Thanks again

And the coolant you want is whatever the latest is from VW these days (G13+) available in 1 litre bottles from your VW parts desk. I keep a bottle of pre-mixed in the boot all the time just in case, but it's not ideal if your coolant level has dropped as it really shouldn't use any anywhere..