Sign in to follow this  
Broken G60

Pin or hanger type exhaust

Yep pin type.

I've got a cat off a 92 G60 and a hook type back box plus pipe made by miltek. The back box has never been used. I'll make it available for offer if you want.

Eh? :?

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer

BOTH hook and bar style hangers were OEM, it just depended on how old your car was... And they are reasonably easy to swap over IIRC... ;) :D

Dear Henny,

I mentioned I wanted an OEM exhaust since Youngsyt had a Milltek unit available and I was trying to let him know that I didn't want to pay the increased insurance for a non-standard unit.

If hanger and pin type are interchangeable, then I can buy the unit on eBay. Thanks!

Sam

Ive just changed the exhaust on mine from a scorpion stainless steel one to a standard one, as the guy I get my parts off could only get me the one with the pins, it took about 3 hours of lining up and meaasuring before welding on some home made hangars to fit my original hangars on the car. Maybe it would be a better idea just to change the hangars aswell if you can get the actual exhaust cheap off ebay. But the end result of mine isnt exactly pretty but it does fit well, and saved me bout £500 on the insurance (ridiculous!!!).