eugopnosaj

Pre 'for sale' thread, opinions please?

Ok guys, I tried selling my valver last year but to no avail, but unfortunately the MOT has run out (ran out in May) the last time I used it was January last year and is just sat on my dads drive unloved at the moment. She's a great little runner mechanically, slightly noisy tappets but still drives like it should. Mileage is around 174k with the head only having done about 90k, fitted with KR cams and supersprint stainless steel exhaust system. I put her back to running on the standard suspension as I wanted the Konis for something else.

Now I'm pretty sure on any other day she'd sell apart from the paintwork and a few rust patches which are letting her down and lead me to believe she might never sell....this is where I want your guys opinions, looking at the paintwork (not my fault the PO did a shoddy respray) and the rust areas what do you think the chances are of her selling? (for a reasonable amount, nothing stupid like a few hundred quid) or would I be better off breaking it for parts? The interior is in good condition and running gear is fine.

Please see photos!

Worth sticking it in for an MOT and seeing what it fails on? Might give any prospective buyer some idea of what they might be letting themselves in for.. or it might pass, and make it a more attractive proposition :)

If your only looking for a few hundred for it as it is I would say you would easily get more breaking it. Saying that most of what you showed isn't too bad IMO and looks like minor corrosion. A proper polish might make it look better as well. Cant expect a sub £1000 car to have good paint.

If someones looking for a daily car or track project I would say its a perfect.

Put it through an MOT, see if it passes or fails, quick service and advertise at around the £1200 with the expectation of achieving around £800-£900 if it passes ok.

If it fails on something major, then would be the time to break for parts.