Dakes4

rough running when cold corrado 2.0 16v 9a

hi all as the title says its that bad that the car kangaroos i have to keep dipping the clutch to smooth it but after only 2-3 mins it improves and ends up running spot on after its only when the engine is stone cold on way to work and back

Take a look here - http://www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=25972

It's for KR 16v but a lot will be similar and I found it really useful when I got my 2.0 16v last year and had running issues. It could just be a combination of a few little things, or just one. I wouldn't have thought it's 5th injector but possible.

It may be a bit laborious, but I'd just start at the beginning and just check through everything, make sure all is in fine fettle and check for vacuum leaks too

thanks guys i will look into all of the above and let you know the out come maybe a while with work and dark when i get home

it idles steady but at about 900 when cold and and creeps up to 1000 after the 2-3 mins and comes back to about 850 when warm if i pull off straight after starting and staying in 1st gear and keep the acceleration steady it feels like its holding back and then starts kangarooing but after dipping the clutch 2 or 3 times its starts to run better what im trying to say is that it only needs 2-3 mins of engine running warmth to to clear the problem then i cant fault it it just embarrassing in the works carpark with 700 other cars trying to get out lol

I swapped the fuel metering head when mine when it sometimes felt like it was lacking and wanted to die at acceleration and occasionally stalled. This fixed my car's problem.