Sign in to follow this  
Jim

My attempt at an R32 Corrado... (now with rear!)

Firstly.. I hope Joby doesnt mind me borrowing a picture of his C as a canvas.. seemed to be just right for the chopping :)

I admit it's not the best photochop you will ever see, but I just got inspired and had to have a go. Good, bad? Anything you'd change?

Cheers :)

very nice work. :D

i would change the headlights if i was actually going to make an 'R32 corrado'. the corrado's lines are a lot crispy and sharper than the golf's bulgy roundness.. the headlights are just too round for the corrado's lines... imho.

love those rims! ..are they a straight bolt-on to 5-bolt corrados?

Hm.. how about narrower style, like the Seat Leon. This is a pretty rough chop, but was just trying to think what you could actually do to those bubbley lights!!

*chopped this attachment as it sucked*

Good Effort Jim. I'd have one ! Send it to a VW designer ! Lets get the wheels turning !

i think i still like the first pic best. other than rallye lights..you euro bastids who already have EURO lights have the best lights on a C imho. i like the E36 conversion too.. but again... a bit too roundish for the car i think. :?

Spent a bit of time with Tom throwing ideas at me on MSN... now have M3 mirrors and some R32 side skirts as well.. looks a lot better I think :)

And now with a chin spoiler.. Toms reccomendation again..

Sorry for all you people on dialup :(

Had a go with Leon lights Andy, but it was quite hard to re-shape the front end around them... i'll play around and see what I can come up with though :)

*edit*

Here is a rough go with Leon lights...

*edit*

Ah nuts to it.. they looked crap so I deleted that post :D

Spent a bit of time with Tom throwing ideas at me on MSN... now have M3 mirrors and some R32 side skirts as well.. looks a lot better I think :)

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :shock: jim not M3 mirrors...............this saxo owning has brought the boy-racer out of you and unleashed it on us

Dont look at me Roddy, it wasnt my idea! *points at Tom*

I was happy to leave the regular Rado ones on!!!!

Besides, you aren't exactly one to talk mate.. mr 'I slammed my Rado in my Avatar' ;)

Besides, you aren't exactly one to talk mate.. mr 'I slammed my Rado in my Avatar' ;)

*points at pau1*

stick some r34 skyline front lights,they kinda square shaped which will go well with the C lines 8)

I had a look at an R32 at my local stealer yesterday and was very very tempted....except for the £23,000 price tag.But if they had one of those I would have sold my house,girlfriend,cat and probably touted myself on a saturday night to own it!!!!! :shock: :oops:

By the way,did I mention I like it? :lol:

Love the lights.They still have that moody,agressive look and bring the car bang up to date.I think if the C was still in production it would probably look very similar.

That looks quality! Think you should send that in to Performance VW... get the VW fans wanting more!!!

I was considering that actually.. wonder if they'd plop it along side all the stuff that Kane does :)

I'll send em an email tonight :)

Have to say its the square lights and bonnet line that do it for me on the C. Easy to spot each other at high closing speeds :D

Great ideas tho' Jim, when are you applying for a job with their design dept?

r34 skyline lights.. exactly what i mean. sharp and edgy. give those a go jim!

..and hold off on sending anything into performance vw for at least a year or two.. i want to make sure i have the cash to buy the 'new corrado' when it comes out, or i may do something crazy like sell off my organs.

thank you! :D

Well idea was to make an R32 Corrado, hence the title of the thread. I wanted to try and make an amalgamation of the two, using parts from both. If I change the wheels, the bumper, and different lights (which i'm sure would look pretty good) then its not going to be an R32 Corrado is it :)

I'm gonna try and work on it some more, but the things you have suggested will be very hard to do..

The front lights definatley Dont suit the Corrado. The C is a car made of sharp lines and beffy ends,the R32 lights make it look soft and ruin the looks,change the lights please :) :) make the arches bigger and put some 18 on it.put hte VR bonnet with some little change and put the porsche bumper with some other lights square shaped this time 8)