VW_OwneR_85

panel repair section

Hi guys , i need a panel section cut from a shell, green lines are cut lines , just cut straight through the lot {inner panelling aswell, if your screen is still fitted then cut up to the windscreen then carefully go inside the car and carry on carefully through but obviously not into the screen, might need to run a stanley blade through the windscreen adhesive from the inside,,, thanks

dimensions of blue and red lines to be confirmed...

windcsreenfitted_zps8a5a6479.jpg

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

How bad is it? Mine was pretty bad and have some pics in my thread below of the repair. I reckon you'll be hard pushed to find a donor car that hasn't suffered the same fate. I fabricated mine using strips of metal I cut out from a mk3 golf door.

a pic would help - it is quite difficult to imagine the exact bit you are after

i know classic parts DE do the A pillar sections http://shop.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/vwcp/a-saeule-535809839a.html

would they help?

just in case here are the part numbers for both sides LHS = 535809839A RHS = 535809840A

i purchased a an outer sill repair panel from them via Anna at VW Heritage, great service & saved a fortune on carriage

How bad is it? Mine was pretty bad and have some pics in my thread below of the repair. I reckon you'll be hard pushed to find a donor car that hasn't suffered the same fate. I fabricated mine using strips of metal I cut out from a mk3 golf door.

Cars rust in different places, all around my windscreen was fine (had one little scab of rust at the top in the middle) Rest was perfect.

a pic would help - it is quite difficult to imagine the exact bit you are after

i know classic parts DE do the A pillar sections http://shop.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/vwcp/a-saeule-535809839a.html

would they help?

just in case here are the part numbers for both sides LHS = 535809839A RHS = 535809840A

i purchased a an outer sill repair panel from them via Anna at VW Heritage, great service & saved a fortune on carriage

Wow, excellent link, i am going to buy that.

How do i order, its all in german? Is it best to contact Anna through the forum?

hi Jim - glad it was helpful :D

i sent annaVR6 a PM on here & she handled it all for me, all i had to do was phone up heritage & give my card details. about 2-3 weeks later the panel arrived.

if you send her the classic parts part number/s she will put it on an order they place with classic parts

if the panel you order is above heritage's 'free delivery' price you not only save the daft carriage charge classic parts state but get delivery FOC

winner :)

I want both sides and a bit to the rear of car.

Am not having much success finding the bits i need and the parts numbers on that side, is there an easy way to do it?

This thread shows what i need

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=89704

i did post the part numbers earlier for both A pillar sides for you Jim

I couldnt find an easy way to navigate the site either, in fact i just kinda clicked through most of the drop down menus under the corrado section. i cant read german either which doesnt help & google translate is a pain when just clicking through pages

however, try this jim http://shop.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/vwcp/scirocco-corrado/corrado/karosserie/aussen/

the above link takes you to the start of the 'exterior' section i believe. if you click through the pages the panel repair sections start from page 7.

hopefully you will see an exploded diagram which has part of the body you want.

Lol am so excited i think i missed the part numbers earlier on, thanks.

Will get on it again after lunch.

ha ha no danger Jim lol

i was kind of that way too when i found the outer sill repair panel ;)

i did have a quick click through to see if i could find the other sections you showed in your link but wasnt sure which may be suitable

let me know if you need any more assistance m8

Cars rust in different places, all around my windscreen was fine (had one little scab of rust at the top in the middle) Rest was perfect.

I thought they were on about the usual rot around the top of the screen. Be intersting to see pics of the offending areas on both yours and the OP's raddos.

Yes, thats a good idea, i only need the very bottom bit. I would be happy to try and order the bits

not sure if its what you implied jim but FYI ive already received the sill panel i had referred to ;)

the VR is off to the mechanics to have it cut & fitted once ive got my valver back on the road

No :lol: i meant the original poster needed the same part as me, but only the top half, and i only need the bottom bit.

No :lol: i meant the original poster needed the same part as me, but only the top half, and i only need the bottom bit.

ha ha ha oh yeah, that makes sense now. forgive me, its nearly end of the working day lol

Just looked up the bit i need for the rear bumper mount area and its only comes as the whole rear quarter panel, from b pillar all the way back including the whole arch :lol: Don't think i'll order that.

Might get that other bit though,(both sides)

im pretty good with fabbing bits up but its the corner and rust has effected it into atleast 1" of the roof/gutter trim area and theres no way i can fab up something like that, ill get some pics but i dont have a camera phone anymore so its a pita!

right here it is, this was just after i completed the paint repair a few years back, screen just fitted :( NOT HAPPY!! anyway dimensions of the red and blue lines to be confirmed when i get back to the shed

windcsreenfitted_zps8a5a6479.jpg

Edited by VW_OwneR_85