Brunty's Dad

Alternator to solenoid cable.

Had a senior moment which has caused me some grief. flat battery a couple of days ago and in a hurry to get to meet someone. No time to recharge and a neighbour seeing me with bonnet up offered a spare battery. Gladly accepted but in the rush to get going failed to notice the battery was 'wrong way round' for VW. Connected it and by the time walked round to the drivers door the insulation on the alternator to solenoid had melted. The car runs on a charged battery without any problems and the alternator is putting out 14.5v. I just need to source a new cable to get me mobile again. Google gets me loads of diagrams but don't know where to look for a replacement. Any suggestions please.

Alternatively, what rating is the cable? I can make up a cable to suit. It is smaller than the main battery to starter cable and I believe that is 10mm. Leaning towards 6mm but would be grateful for any advice.

I think I have one I don't need. It is for a vr? A black cable with a little blue one in it.

That is the one - VR. I think the small blue is for the ignition warning light. How much are you asking?