nitsypee

VR6 headlight bulbs

I know it's not a topic that's never turned up before, but I just wanted to check which bulbs people recommend. I'm on the Halfords website looking at "super brilliance", "super brilliant blue", "extreme brilliance", "ultra brilliance", etc. Is there much of a difference between them? Ta in advance.

Do you get better lighting from the osram nightbreakers even without the uprated loom?

probably not m8 as the reason for the uprated loom is to avoid the voltage drop in the original loom

essentially the voltage travels from the battery up to the headlight switch in the dash, which when turned on then send to the lights - causing a loss in volts along the way

a bulb supplied with a low voltage is never going to shine bright (like a diamond ;) lol)

ive got ring xenon max bulbs in mine & find them superb. so much so i often now get flashed by oncoming cars when i only have normal dipped beam on

Thanks for that... Another item to be added to my ever growing list ha-ha! - and I do want to "shine bright like a diamond"

Thanks for that... Another item to be added to my ever growing list ha-ha! - and I do want to "shine bright like a diamond"

the looms are a definite winner. along with a daves16v short shifter i think it is one of the better £'s per performance upgrades :D

definitely get an upgraded loom off the chap on here, makes a big difference.

You will notice a difference if you just go from a standard bulb to s brighter one, just no where near as much as with the loom too.

I found quality/price is best to go for an not wattage. My VR had some 80W bulbs in. I replaced with 55W but this type - http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs-wiper-blades-batteries/bulbs/ge-megalight-ultra-plus-90-premium-bulb-477-x-1 - and they were much brighter. Add in the loom and they're spot-on ;)