Andy-H

Another Valver that won't start!!!! please help!!

Hi All,

My '91 Valver with the 2.0l 9a motor has a big problem at the moment and it's driving me insane and to the brink of breaking it for spares!!

The car starts, runs beautifully for between 30 seconds to a minute then dies. Does this every time :(

So far I have changed the following....

plugs

leads

dizzy cap & rotor

Dizzy

Coil

ECU

Coolant temp sensor

Cold start sensor

Nothing has changed at all.

Please can someone shed some light into what the problem could be.

Many thanks in advance,

Andy

The car cut out on me first so had it recovered to the local garage where they checked the timing over and started the car and it ran fine again............................................ for a grand total of 47 miles then cut out on me again but wouldn't re-start. I replaced the dizzy (last thing I swapped) and it fired up straight away. I left it on the drive ticking over for 15 mins and it was fine. As I drove up the road I got 1 mile from home and it cut out again.

It would start then immediately cut out. Now, it fires, runs for between 30 seconds to a minute then dies.

There is an aftermarket one fitted but all seems OK with that as the entire system doesn't work if it hasn't been turned off. Not sure of the brand that it is though

once it cuts out will it start up straight away if not it could be a fuel issue a squirt of staring fuel into the intake sould help prove if its fuel or electrical

Do you have 2x2 diagnostics? i.e obd reader under the gaitor to bring up fault codes. Not sure you might if its a transplant block. if you have and you havn't got the connectors then i have a method pulled from bentley to read codes with an LED light and some wire! Some checks under the bonnet with a multi meter would be good. Cold start, differential pressure regulator, temp sender and even MAF potentiometer have influences on ignition timing and fueling mixtures. I will have a look in the book tonight and see if there is a diagnosis for the symptoms you have

Edited by Peacedub

Could be fuel related as has been said before . I had a car with similar problems it was the fuel regulator that was ok on Rickover but broke down under heavy load ? Hope you get it sorted out mate