sexybourbon

Exhaust manifold gaskets

Just a quick though , can i reuse the exhaust manifild gaskets or would it be best to get new ones ? There not in bad shape and there wasnt any sealant on them or anything so can they just be used again ?

I've reused mine loads of times, even on turboed motors, just remember to coat the in copper grease and that, obviously,

they aren't damaged or torn. It's the crap small nuts that aren't up to it, i prefer 13mm turbocharger copper nuts.

Forgot to mention that the little fekkers are quite expensive too..

Cool thats a bonus then , and i asume you mean use copper grease on the studs i didnt think it would need any on as long as i wire brushed the studs , i didnt want to cause any fires with hot grease

As far as bolts go iv bought new from the dealer , all the copper Nuts and the copper spacers and yea they was 50p a bolt and about 25p a washer but id rather use them than normal bolts , think there ten mm though not 13

I recently reused an old gasket and have had a blowing exhaust since. New gasket is in the boot waiting for fitting.

The manual does say to replace every time, i also reused mine and had a very slight blow.

Not sure how much the victor reinz ones are but i've just fitted the whole block and head kit to my new engine build. Stealth got them in for me and said they are fine to use.

Right so i might awsell replace i cant be arsed for stuff to be blowing id rather it was right first time as im pushed for time already without doing stuff twice

I've had my manifold off and on loads and never changed gasket, never had any problems! I tend to replace most things that are advised but the exhaust gaskets seem to last forever!