GreenRado

What am I missing from my sidelights?

I fitted an uprated wiring loom a while ago.

The C now needs an MOT and I was checking everything over, until I realised I wasn't getting side lights at all.

I checked everything and disconnected the dim dip resistor, only to eventually find out that both lamps are missing the flipping side light bulbs!

Why would someone remove them? (Rears work fine btw).

Anyway, I've attached 2 pics and was hoping that someone could tell me if I'm only missing the bulbs, or if there is something else missing?

jTU9O0al.jpg

PWoSkeAl.jpg

Yes, I did mention that.

That's (hopefully) not an issue though.

I just need to know if I need to source another part before I can fit new sidelight bulbs.

@sankysvr6 cheers for that! Well I'm positive I'm at least missing the part I linked, but from the diagram you linked it looks like there's an unlabeled bit that I might not have.

I'll see how things fit together when the bits and the bulbs arrive.

I'm surprised no one called this out, but it turns out the socket and wires in my pics are actually of the high beam bulb.

So these were missing as well as the sidelights, which I have now realised are just underneath the headlight bulb in the larger compartment of the headlamp.

In case anyone else sees these sidelight bulb holders, they don't fit the Corrado: https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/corrado/533941669/side-light-bulb-holder-74/?crumbStartPage=1&crumbStartRow=1

I've let VW Heritage know (in their defense the Corrado isn't actually listed in the product info, but its still in the Corrado directory of the site.

Anyway, now my passenger side side light is working, but for some reason the driver's side is not.